Table of Contents
What is click fraud using Adrozek?
Adrozek is a new type of malware that has been found in the wild and it’s spreading rapidly. It affects all browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, and Edge. The main purpose of this malware is to generate fake clicks on ads and websites. This is done through various methods such as:
– Using third party software (such as Google Toolbar)
– Using browser extensions (like NoScript or uBlock Origin)
– Using ad injection techniques
– Using malvertising techniques
– Using social engineering
How Does Adrozek Work?
Once installed on your smartphone, the Adrozek malware starts sending out fake advertisements. It does this by scanning the web pages you visit, and looking for links that lead to other sites. When it finds one, it sends details about the site to its server which then generates a unique code. This code is sent back to the phone where it gets added to the list of codes stored locally. Each time you visit a website with a link to another site, Adrozek sends the same code to its servers.
Once the server receives the code, it checks if there is already a record of the code being used. If not, it creates a new record and adds the information about the visited page to it. Then, the server sends the code back to the phone.
When the phone receives the code, it compares it against all the records stored locally. If the code matches one of them, then it shows the ad. Otherwise, it displays nothing.
What Are Its Features?
The Adrozek malware has several features that allow it to generate fake ads. Some of these include:
- It can detect whether the device is connected to VLAN, Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- It can determine whether the device is rooted or not.
- It can check the language settings of the device.
- It can read text messages, call logs, contacts, photos, videos, music files, and more.
- It can access the microphone and camera of the device.
Adrozek opens up to attacks with bad extensions/browsers
The Adrozek malware has been known to open up to attacks with bad browser extensions. These extensions are usually used to redirect users to malicious websites. Some of them may even install additional programs without the user’s consent.
To avoid such threats, make sure that you don’t download any suspicious extensions or browser toolbars. Also, keep in mind that if you’re using third-party antivirus software, it won’t be able to detect such malicious extensions. Therefore, you should always scan your PC with a reliable anti-malware program.
Adrozek malware delivers fake ads to 30k devices a day.
The ad-supported, free version of the Adrozek mobile app is available for Android and iOS devices. Once the malicious software is installed on an infected device, it will start showing fake ads in various categories such as news, sports, entertainment, games, shopping, etc. These ads are usually related to popular brands like Samsung, LG, HTC, Sony, Microsoft, Nokia, Amazon, and others.
Fake ads appear in the form of banners, popups, interstitials, and full-screen ads. They also show up when users open their apps or visit websites.
How to Remove Adrozek Malware?
If you have recently been affected by Adrozek malware, then you need to remove it immediately. You may use any of the following methods to get rid of the infection:
Method 1: Use a Custom ROM
You need to flash a custom recovery image onto your Android device. We recommend TWRP Recovery. Download the latest version of TWRP Recovery from here.
- Download the latest version of SuperSU (You must have root access) from here.
- Connect your device to the PC using the USB cable. Open the terminal emulator application and type su followed by your password. For example, if you want to install TWRP Recovery, then you should type “su” followed by “password”.
- Type fastboot oem unlock to unlock bootloader. Type reboot system now to restart the device.
- Now download the custom recovery image file (.img). To do so, Select the.img file and press Install.
- Now connect your device to the computer again and select Yes to confirm the installation.
Reboot your device into recovery mode. To do so, hold down the Volume Up + Power buttons together until you see the android logo.
- Select Install zip from sd card. Now browse to the location where you saved the custom recovery image file and select it.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset. Now select Yes to confirm the wiping process.
- Select Reboot system now. The device will be rebooted and the custom recovery screen will appear.
- Select Mount as /system. Now select Yes to continue the mounting process.
- Select Flash zip from sd card. Browse to the location where you downloaded the SuperSu package and select it.
- Now select Yes to start the flashing process. After successful completion of the flashing process, you will see a PASS message in red color at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select Reboot system when prompted. Your device will be rebooted successfully.
Method 2: Delete infected apps
This method requires some technical knowledge. However, we advise you to try this method only after trying other methods first. This method involves deleting malicious apps which are responsible for installing Adrozek malware on your device.
- Here, tap Manage Installed APKs.
- Here, find out the app with the name ‘Adrozek’ installed on your device. Tap Uninstall button to uninstall it.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all the apps that were installed by Adrozek malware.
Method 3: Reset System Settings
Resetting your system settings might help to fix certain issues like unwanted ads appearing on the home screen. It also helps to restore default factory settings. Here is how you can reset your settings:
- Tap the All tab.
- Scroll down to find an entry with the name Adrozek. Tap Clear Data.
- Now scroll down to find an entry named Factory Defaults. Tap Clear cache & data.
Do not forget to backup your important files before performing these steps.
Method 4: Remove Adrozek Malware From SD Card
Removing the Adrozek malware from your SD card will help to remove adware permanently. You can follow the below-mentioned instructions to perform this task.
- First, open the File Explorer application.
- Then go to the SD card folder.
- Next, click on the Adrozek folder.
- Finally, right-click on the Adrozek directory and select Empty Trash.
Note: If you have any doubts regarding removing Adrozek malware from SD cards, feel free to ask us in our comments section below. We will surely guide you through the process.
If you still face problems while removing Adrozek malware, then contact us via email or live chat. Our experts would resolve your issue within a few minutes.
How to prevent future infections?
It is very difficult to get rid of Adrozek malware completely.
- First, update your operating system regularly. The latest version of Windows 10 comes with built-in security features. So, you don’t need to worry about getting infected again.
- Second, use a good antimalware program. It will help you to identify and remove Adrozek malware as well as other harmful threats.
- Third, do not visit untrusted links or sites. This way, you’ll stay safe from online scams.
ExterNetworks helps you to get rid of viruses, spyware, trojans, worms, rootkits, dialers, keyloggers, etc. Check it out now!