The recognition of intelligent assistants is only increasing with time. For instance, glance at Google OK, Cortana, Siri, Alexa- these all are big players and become a crucial part of our lives. But are you aware of the best part? You can also develop an excellent voice assistant application for your business. You need to hire a mobile app developer with the requisite domain knowledge and expertise. With the proper guidance and experience, you can get an exceptional voice assistant app and customize it according to your specific requirements. You can also develop an excellent voice assistant application for your business.
Day by day, these apps are becoming a crucial part of the lives of many people. As these apps’ popularity rises enormously, creating an intelligent voice assistant is lucrative. It’s an era where the standard internet search is taken over by voice search. In such a scenario, creating an “intelligent assistant” offers a much more convenient and quick answer to all the end-user queries.
In no time, users can shoot a voice command and avail search results. This is why businesses and startups hire mobile app developers to build feature-rich voice assistants, as it can improve user experience multiple times. If you are someone who is interested in this question, “how to make an AI assistant from scratch,” then it’s the right spot.
How To Make A Voice Assistant App Like Alexa?
Step 1: Plan Your Voice Chat Assistant App Strategy
Before hiring developers for your project, you should know your goal, objectives, and target audience. Already there are many voice assistants in the market. If you want to create a voice assistant app like Alexa, you should have a creative and exceptional app idea. Moreover, to make your app successful, it’s necessary to showcase your unique offerings and features.
During the voice app development process, you should think about the user’s perspective and build an app to offer convenience and a fantastic user experience. This can be achieved by automating the routine tasks of users, offering them a personalized experience, and keeping their preferences as a priority.
To make your application successful in the market, you must offer something unique to gain an edge over your rivals. It would be best to think about other aspects such as tone of the voice utilized in the application, duration of pauses, speaking pattern, and other elements to make your voice assistant function effectively. Your application should be enchanting so that users return to your application again & again.
Step 2: Utilization of Custom APIs & AI Tools
To build a voice assistant application, developers can use any method out of three available. The first one is the junior method, which allows the incorporation of voice assistant technology to the app through APIs. In a middle method, developers can create a voice assistant utilizing open source services and APIs. And in the senior method, the development of voice assistants takes place from scratch and then adds them into the mobile application.
- Junior Method
This approach is based on incorporating reliable technologies into the existing application. For the same, the person must get the kit and integrate it into the mobile application. The kit explains the intents as types of requests and then simplifies the types. This is how basically the junior method works.
- Middle Method
This approach is suitable for those who are aware of machine learning. Various tools can be utilized for developing an AI assistant application, together with mobile and web services:
- Melissa: It has the potential of speaking, making notes, reading the news, so we can say it is appropriate for those who are new to the development of voice assistant applications.
- Jasper: This is a perfect choice for business owners who want to get the most out of their applications. It functions on Raspberry Pi’s Model B, and it has the potential of listening and learning.
- Senior Method
This method is suitable for all hard-core developers who already have prior experience building machine learning applications from scratch.
Step 3: Integrate all the Features & Technology
The creation of voice assistants utilizing Artificial Intelligence (AI) requires cloud support and other coding languages. Certain applications like Google Assistant or Siri utilize Natural Language Processing (NLP) and speech recognition technologies for understanding and processing languages. Additionally, the AI applications include machine learning abilities to make quick decisions upon receiving a user command.
Voice assistant applications such as Amazon Alexa utilize IoT technology that enables interaction with smart home devices like smart door locks, smart lights, television, etc. Moreover, text-to-speech and noise control are other crucial technologies utilized for voice assistant development.
- Google’s Tensorflow: It is an open-source voice assistant software library with a flexible structure, and one can utilize this on several servers, mobile devices, etc. one can utilize this conveniently as it is portable and flexible.
- Amazon Machine Learning: It’s a machine learning service that assists developers in building a very complex and intelligent machine learning app. This has the support of various data sources, and it allows the developers to build the data source objects utilizing an MYSQL database in Amazon Redshift. This made scalable, straightforward, and dynamic flexible AML technology one of the most-used applications.
Technologies in Mobile Assistants
- Speech to text (STT) engine: This engine transforms the user’s voice to text; the voice could essentially be the user’s voice or any spontaneous audio clip.
- User interface: It has two parts, the voice and the call out. The voice section is where the user listens to the result of the question person asked, and call-outs where the person sees the effects on the screen.
- Speech Compression Engine: This is used to compress the user’s voice so that it matches the server even faster.
- Text to Speech (TTS) Engine: It enables text conversion to speech and is remarkably helpful when involved in other activities. It plays a crucial role in humanizing the voice assistant.
- Tagging (Intelligence): It enables the voice assistant to understand what the user is communicating.
- Noise Reduction Engine: It must abandon the external environment noise. Otherwise, there will be so many stimuli for the application to process.
- Voice Biometrics: It’s a process of authentication so that the application recognizes that it is precisely your voice.
- Voice Recognition: It directs all personal assistant applications. This technology puts sense into the application to interpret your language.
Wrapping It Up!!
With the assistance of an elite voice assistant app development company, you can build an exceptionally robust AI-based voice chat assistant app. Select the company by checking its portfolio and considering its expertise and experience. Outsourcing companies have custom libraries, experienced developers, access to modern technology, reliable IT infrastructures, ready solutions, and help you save money and time. Hence, you have all the resources required to build an exceptional application. Therefore hire mobile app developers wisely as the success of your voice assistant application largely depends on them.
Tom Hardy is a skilled and experienced app developer at a prominent company Sparx IT Solutions. He has the requisite expertise in developing voice assistants app like Alexa. Tom loves to utilize his free time by writing creative blogs related to technology and development.