Arctic King offers several models of air conditioning units for different consumers’ needs and wants—from window-mounted teams to easy-to-transport arctic king portable air conditioner.
Some of these malfunctions leave you at the mercy of scorching temperatures during hot summers.
The good news is that not every problem is a disaster; you can fix most issues yourself without having to call for help.
Here’s a list of things you should try if your Arctic King air conditioner stops working.
Give it a go. It might be worth trying out.
Arctic king air conditioners troubleshooting – workarounds and tips
Before contacting a professional, first, try implementing the solutions in this Arctic King Air Conditioner Troubleshooting Guide.
Most of the faults are very simple and easy to fix, even if you aren’t mechanically inclined.
Arctic king Air conditioner won’t turn on
If your arctic air conditioners won’t start, they could be caused by any number of things including:
- If the wall socket is unconnected, check whether the power cable is loose or broken and just press it firmly into the wall socket. Also, double-check that the cord isn’t damaged.
- If the power goes out, check whether the house fuses blew or the breaker was tripped. If so, try replacing them with the appropriate time delay types. Reset the breaker if necessary.
- If the control is turned off, confirm and then set your desired setting. If the control is not turned on, check whether it is turned off.
- If the plug for your air conditioners trips, press the arctic king ac reset button to restart the unit.
Arctic king air conditioner does not cool enough /Why is my AC running but not cooling?
If the air from your air con is not feeling cold enough, it could be that your device is beset by these challenges/problems:
- Room temperatures below 62F (17C) usually don’t cause any noticeable cooling. Wait for the room to warm up before trying anything else.
- The temperature sensor is contacting the cold plate (located right behind the air intake). This also obstructs airflow and you need to move the tube away from the cold plate.
- Incorrect temperature settings – If you have set it too high, decrease the temperature setting and check if it helps.
- If the compressor shuts off unexpectedly, just let it cool down for three minutes before trying again. Hopefully, it will start up fine afterward.
The Arctic king air conditioner is cooling, but the room is still too warm. In addition, ice is forming on the cooling coil (behind the decorative front)
Here are the potential reasons behind this annoying behavior and the fixes you should give a try:
- When the outside temperature is below 18°C (64°F), you’re likely to experience this problem.
- Clogged filters are another common reason for air conditioner breakdowns. Follow the instructions in your specific model‘s user guide to clean the air filters.
- If you think the thermostat is set too low for nighttime cooling, first defrost the coils (as described below) then set the thermostat to a higher temperature.
Tip: In all scenarios, you can defrost the coil by setting the product to FAN ONLY mode
Arctic king air conditioner is cooling, but the room is too warm- NO ice has formed on the cooling coil (behind the decorative front)
If the space doesn’t feel too hot but there isn’t any frost on the cooling coils, check for the following issues:
- Clean the air filters according to the manufacturer’s directions. This ensures that there is no restriction in the airflow.
- It seems that the temperature has been set too high. Try changing it to a lower temperature.
- Louvers are placed incorrectly; they inhibit airflow which leads to inadequate cooling. Place them properly.
- To get rid of any obstructive items blocking the airflow through your AC unit, remove them from the unit’s face.
- If the doors, registers, windows, and so on are closed, then the cold air cannot escape easily, which makes it difficult for the product (air conditioner) to get cooled properly. So close them to improve the efficiency of the air conditioner.
- If you turn on an air conditioner in a super hot room, allow it some extra time before cooling down.
The Arctic king air conditioner turns on but turns off rapidly / Why does my Arctic King Air Conditioner keep turning off?
To resolve this mishap;
- Clean the air filter– the air filter may be dirty hence the airflow is restricted, making it to turn off soon after starting.
- If the outside weather conditions are extremely hot, set the fan speed to high so that the airflow passes through the cooling coil faster.
The Arctic king air conditioner is too noisy when running
It might be noisy but don’t worry too much about it.
Because it’ll be normal for an AC to generate some noise when running, don’t worry if it makes some noise.
You can adjust the fan speed if it seems too noisy.
That being said, excessive window vibrations are usually caused by an incorrectly installed unit. So, if you’re having trouble with them, contact a qualified technician or follow the installation directions carefully.
Arctic king air conditioner dripping Water INSIDE when the unit is cooling
Most of the time, this happens because of improper installation and you can fix it by turning the air conditioner slightly so that the condensation drains away from the wall.
Ask an expert for advice before trying anything else.
Arctic king air conditioner dripping Water OUTSIDE when the unit is cooling
It doesn’t really make any difference whether it behaves this way during extreme heat.
It simply means that the air conditioner is removing a lot of humidity from your room and it’ll be fine.
Arctic king air conditioner Remote not working (some models)
Your remote control is not functioning probably because:
- You’re too far away for the remote control to be effective. Try operating the remote control from closer -within 20 feet and 180 degrees of the face of your TV.
- Check if there are any objects that might get in the way. If so, remove them.
Room too cold despite the AC running
It’s mainly due to not having set the temperature high enough.
Increase your set temp first, then wait.
The Arctic king air conditioner reset button keeps tripping
It protects your AC system from overheating by preventing too much current from flowing through it.
To get rid of the problem, reset the device but it‘s important to find the source of the issue first.
An Arctic king air conditioner keeps beeping
A constant beeping noise usually indicates a problem with your air conditioner. You should check it out immediately.
For example, a sensor inside the device might malfunction.
Of course, the most effective way to eliminate the annoying beeping noise is to identify and fix the exact problem.
At the same time though, it might be a problem with your program settings so check if turning off the power supply to your AC can fix it.
If the beeping continues, call a professional for help.
The Arctic king air conditioner control panel not working
If the control panel isn’t responsive, it might be because there’s an issue with the control panel itself. It might even have died.
Unfortunately, there isn’t anything else we can do about this and the best thing to do is replace it.
How do I reset my Arctic King Air Conditioner?
Press the reset button for five seconds, then remove your finger from the reset button.
Wait roughly 10 minutes after this before turning off the air conditioner.
Turn the AC cooling control knob down so that the compressor engages.
This above Arctic King Air Conditioner Troubleshooter Guide includes common mishaps that don’t result from faulty work or improper material usage in the appliance.
We encourage you to experiment with different solutions before calling a technician. They may be able to help you solve your problem without having to pay for expensive repairs.
It goes without saying that you should always seek professional help if something doesn’t work.
For all your AC needs, visit the Arctic King website.