Having a website is a must in the 2020s. Even local groceries do have it to provide their services to a customer. But having a website is just the beginning, as you need to make it stylish and user-friendly to make your audience happy with your offers. For this, a correct designing of a web page is highly recommended. In some companies, CEOs decide to hire pros for this job, yet, small businesses often have to cope with it themselves not to get off the budget. In our article, we decided to concentrate on the process of web design to provide you with a web designing guide. So let’s start with it.
Table of Contents
8 Basic Steps You Need to Walk on Your Way to a Classy Web Design for Your Site
- Highlight the primary purpose of your website.
- Look through the latest trends and ideas in web design.
- Decide what platform to use for your website.
- Work on the platform’s template to make it unique.
- Get some brand ideas to place on the website.
- Content rules the world, so work on it thoroughly.
- Launch your website to get started.
- Collect data to provide analyses and correct mistakes when needed.
And now it’s time to consider each of these steps in more detail.
What Is the Purpose of Your Website?
Providing the design of a web page, you need to understand why do you need it. Will it be your personal blog or a large corporate website? Do you need to sell products on it, or is it just intended to inform your customers about your services and offers they can get offline? There are some tips about it for you.
- For selling a single product, a landing page will be enough.
- When you need full-fledged e-commerce website design steps, it needs more pages and options to be implemented.
- For a personal blog, you can choose one of the blogging platforms to save money and time.
It is essential to walk in your customer’s shoes to create a website you need. In every case, you may need to go through all the web design steps to gain a result.
Looking Through the Latest Trends
Each year, there are some special trends you need to follow. I.e. using chat-bots, creating native pop-ups to involve the audience. Besides that, one of the trends is a brutal and laconic design that has less bright or eye-catching details but attracts with its simplicity. Look at the sites of your competitors to underline what makes them attractive and usable. Besides, you can consider looking at professional web design agencies’ sites to get as much info as possible about current trends. This site is a nice example.
Choosing a Platform
When considering how to do web designing, some CRMs are the most important part of your website. They are responsible for its usability, list of functions provided, and ability to adapt the site both for web and mobile versions.
Let’s encounter the most popular website builders you can use:
- WordPress is among the most popular DIY builders that are especially comfortable to use for a corporate website or your personal site.
- Tilda and Wix are suitable for e-commerce sites as they have functional for its implementation.
- Squarespace amazes with its highest customization and is worth your attention if you already have some website building skills.
- Weebly allows small businesses to go online without considerable expenses.
- Shopify is also among the best e-commerce platforms. Its integration with Facebook and Amazon/eBay marketplaces opens wide perspectives.
That’s just a shortlist you can follow, yet there are many less popular but effective platforms you can choose on both paid or freeware basis.
Selecting a Template
As you search how to design and build a website, not how to hire a pro, you need to deal with the CRM yourself. Building a fully customized website is not a piece of cake, but there is good news: almost every platform has its pre-set templates to create a website yourself. Just analyze all available options to choose the one that will suit your goals perfectly.
Adding Your Corporate Signs
As you need not just a website but a recognizable platform that will work on your popularity, add your corporate style to the website’s design. To do this, you can use:
- Your corporate color scheme when choosing a template and customizing it. Besides, the psychology of color also helps in the promotion of your brand, so study it thoroughly.
- The type of font also matters. It is the perfect match if you have your own corporate font designed for you personally. If not, choose the one that will be readable and attractive.
- Get as many images related to your business as possible. Besides your own logo, these could be product-related images, photos of your shop, products, or some relevant pictures from photo stocks.
Content Should Work for You
You need to fill the website with relevant, informative and SEO-optimized content. It includes texts, photo and video content for each page, meta-data for each page, using SEO-core to promote the website in search engine positioning.
It is quite possible to write and fill all that content yourself. If you are not gifted with the power of the word, you can apply for freelancer’s services on any freelance platform.
Besides the content, it is necessary to build an internal linking to help your customers to navigate the website.
Launching Your Website
So, everything is done. But before you push your website online, try to test it at least on your employees and friends to get information on whether it is convenient to use, all the pages are working correctly. That helps to avoid disastrous mistakes that could ruin your reputation in a moment, as no one will give you a second chance after a failure.
That’s Not the End! Analyze It!
It seems that here it is a success. The website is up and running, and it is working fine. The first clients are already logging in and generating useful traffic. But this is just the beginning. Website design is a painstaking collection of information. And the developer’s business tools will help you get it. We mean a set of Google Business services, Google Analytics and so on. In the process of using such tools, you will be able to see gaps in your site and fix them.
And only after your site starts to really make a profit, you can breathe out and only keep it working. Or maybe delegate this task to an independent agency.
Thinking about how to start web designing, many business owners find it overwhelming. But with our advice, you will be able to go this way without serious reputational and financial losses.