An animation degree is designed for candidates who aspire to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. The aspirants enthusiastic about creating images and cartoons with the purpose of making them move. The first-ever animation festival was held in Berlin, which brought together many artists from across the globe.
BA in animation is a professional course covering traditional as well as computer-based animation techniques. A bachelor’s degree in computer animation, fine arts, or graphic arts can equip you with the skills needed to establish yourself in the animation industry.
The global Animation market projected an annual growth rate of 4.79% in the forecast, to reach a total market size of US$404.83 billion in 2023 from US$305.75 billion in 2017.
Animation courses can enable you to build 2D and 3D products for storyboards, games and make digital marketing more impactful. Increasing demand for well-qualified and trained multimedia artists in digital advertising, art, animation, and designs has led to a competitive job market.
Let us look at the career paths you can choose as an animator.
- Character animator: A process central to the concept of animation that specializes in bringing animated characters to life and can also help you build a connection with the audience.
- Texture Artist: In this role, you will recreate the skin texture or surfaces to the character realistically by adding 3D computer models such as skin, flesh, fur, hair, claws, membranes, etc. Realism is the goal in live-action sequences.
- Advertisement: Animation can capture the essence of a brand to express the exact product and services offered to the audience. The course can also acquaint you with digital branding, social media platforms, and digital and print mediums.
- Multimedia artists: A person is skilled in graphics technology programmes and can also create designs and effects for digital media. They design characters and settings of the story, so the final product has better visual effects.
- VFX Or Visual Effects: This involves creating any digital imagery on-screen that does not essentially exist in real life. It can develop an environment, object, actions, and creature which are otherwise impractical or even impossible to be generated in real-time.
Don’t get me wrong! You are not limited to the careers mentioned above. An animation course curriculum prepares you with creative and technical skills suitable for films, digital jobs, and the skills acquired can be put to use in nearly every sector.
Animation courses enable you to develop skills required with an appropriately channelised course curriculum that follows a practical learning approach. Berlin is an entertainment hub with several theatres and cinemas; it becomes an ideal place for aspiring artists to learn in a city that is passionate about art.
It is a diverse industry that can offer an end number of creative roles like exhibition designer, TV production coordinator, and many more. An animation degree can increase your employability, with up-to-date knowledge and enhanced skills to match the industry’s latest trends.
With increasing competition across industries and the entertainment sector, they are looking for newer and innovative advertising methods that may find their rescue in animation. Investing in an animation degree can make you future-ready. Check out more relevant courses here!