Social media marketing is promoting your brand or company through the public media platform. It helps you generate traffic to your website and convert it into sales. Earlier, you could only post content such as photos and videos of your company but now since it getting advanced day by day, you can run an ad campaign through which you can reach your target audience and deliver your message through the campaign. This ad running campaign is known as social media marketing. The most common social media platforms are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, Snapchat, etc. Social media marketing is a skill and many companies look for social media marketers who can promote their brand and products on social media platforms.
Social media marketing is divided into seven pillars:
1) Your ultimate goal: Before you step into social media marketing, you should know the goal you want to achieve from such marketing. It could be increasing your sales, brand awareness, providing customer service, generate engagement around your brand. You can divide your goals into 2 sections that are the short-term goal and the long-term goal.
2) Which social media platform do you want to focus on: The most used social media platforms are mentioned above but new apps and software are being developed like Tiktok, snack video, Tumblr, WhatsApp. There is a different marketing strategy for every platform so you have to pick a few which you can focus on.
3) Type of content you want to share: At first, you have to do some research regarding the content your customers like to interact with, whether it’s pictured, videos, educational content, entertaining content, etc. This will help you connect with your audience more easily and rapidly. Every platform has a different form of content posting rules so you have to keep this in mind too. But you can change your strategy depending on the response you get from the audience.
4) Planning and executing: Around 3 billion are using social media at present. Being active on social media enhances the chance of getting discovered by more customers and users. Posting content on social media is way too easy but it all depends on the content you are posting and the time-frequency.
Make sure you don’t post content on daily basis, let the customer digest your previous content.
5) Responding to the customer: When your social media accounts start growing, you will see a lot of people visiting your profile, commenting on your posts, messaging you, asking you questions regarding your service or product you are providing, so you have to be an active user and you must answer their queries. This leaves a great impact on the user and most probably the user might be converted into your customer depending on the response you give. Once your customers are satisfied, they will share your page and profile with their friends and family so automatically you will gain more reach and traffic.
6) Analytical tools: Analytical tools keep you updated about the performance your social media pages are making. It tells you if your page is reaching more traffic than last month? How many people are mentioning you in a month? How many individuals used your brand’s hashtag on their social media posts? The social media sites provide a little bit of information but if you want to dig in you can find tools on the internet.
7) Running Ads: When your company grows financially, you can also run ad campaigns on the social media platforms which are paid. Your ad can be in an image form or a video where you will describe a little bit about the product or service you are providing. Through these ads, you can reach a massive audience. You can also create an audience based on your interests, demographics, education, etc.
If you want to be a successful entrepreneur in today’s world, you got to be an active user of social media. You need to know all of the social media platforms that are used in social media marketing. You can also start your social media marketing agency where you can provide social media services. Many agencies are providing such service and are making good money out of it.