Magento is one of the pioneering eCommerce platforms that is known for having a huge bank of extensions to help store owners and managers easily add a feature to their stores. Web development companies and individual developers have contributed a lot to the community so there are multiple options available when you search for functionality. There are extensions for growing sales, optimizing for speed, performance, and SEO, and improving security, user experience, and user interface. This post shares the top 5 Magento 2 plugins to start your eCommerce store. It may give you a kickstart and make the business run. However, as your business grows, you may look into advanced features and functionalities too.
- SEO Ultimate Pack by FMEextensions
Search engine optimization – SEO – is a complete marketing solution for the digital world. It requires you to explore different techniques and platforms to promote your products and services. It all starts with the on-page SEO where you have to make sure your website or online store is optimized enough to be found on the web.
The Magento 2 SEO ultimate pack is a combination of useful tools to help you tweak and optimize different factors and technical aspects of your website. It makes your online store ready and worthy to be crawled by search engines. Magento 2 SEO Ultimate Suite helps you to:
- Automate the creation of meta titles, descriptions, keywords
- Generate alternative texts for store images
- Create HTML & XML Sitemaps
- Add tags to Google Rich Snippets
- Establish hreflang tags for multiple lingual sites
- Implement No Index/No Follow strategies
- Prevent plagiarism penalties with canonical tags
- Create internal links among products, categories, CMS pages
- Two Factor Authentications by Amasty
Every online store exists to bring traffic and convert it into customers. However, getting a lot of traffic needs smart management as well because no one knows whether a user is legitimate or not. To differentiate between good and bad traffic, you can set up two-factor authentication on your Magento store with the help of this extension. It is a must-have if you want only authentic users to create accounts on your store and avail special offers and discounts.
The plugin helps secure your store from fake user registrations, and other hacking, spam, and malicious attacks. Additionally, if you require users to go through two-factor authentication, outsiders will not be able to access user accounts, which ultimately protects the data of your existing users. The extension offers the following features:
- Enable two-step authentication
- Prevent spyware and spam attacks
- Exclude IPs to white list certain regions
- Define authentication for user roles
- Users feel protected by their smart devices
- Minify HTML CSS JS by Apptrian
Online users are quite in a hurry they search for a product or service. They open websites in multiple tabs to choose a vendor or service provider. A delay of a microsecond in loading your website may push them to close the tab and move on to another. The poor page loading speed can easily hand over your potential customers to the competitors.
Minify HTML CSS JS plugin helps you to optimize your Magento store for better speed by putting the programming language and the objects inline. It may seem to be a minor extension, but its effectiveness cannot be ignored for making the users stay focused on your website. The features it has to offer include:
- Easy to install
- Simple to use
- Not influence default to minify CSS and JS feature
- Compatible with FPC
- Maximum HTML minification
- Free Gift by Mageants
Attracting new buyers and making them do the purchases needs promotions and more specifically giveaways. Users often visit newly established webshops to avail discounts or get gifts and vouchers.
Free Gift for Magento 2 is one such tool to help you carry promotions right on your online store. You can use attractive banners of this extension to share the word about the gift on home and other prominent pages of your store. Take a look at the features in detail:
- Automatically add free gifts to customers’ cart
- Free gift changes if the user updates items in the cart
- Create more gifts and let customers choose
- Share information about giveaways on the product page
- Set conditions to avail gift
- Create gift banners for promotions
- Cross-browser compatible
- Automatic Related Products by Aheadworks
Boosting sales is the core target of every online store. There are different strategies for doing so. However, showing related products and compelling users to add more and more products to the cart is an effective technique. They view relevant products and consider putting them in one order rather than visiting later which may never happen. As a result, the average order value also increases.
The Automatic Related Products for Magento 2 is an exemplary tool to implement such a result-driven sales strategy on your eCommerce website. It is a feature-rich extension as you avail:
- Show related products concerning attributes
- Enable related products’ block on various pages
- Create rules to suggest the most matching products
- Restrict rules by customer groups to reach the target audience
- Manage rules to cater to customers with product interests
Carry quick research about a plugin you install whether it is free or paid. Be on the safe side by preferring extensions that are developed by reliable eCommerce development companies as they are tried and tested for premium quality, and are followed by technical support.