As IBM Notes and Microsoft Outlook both are popular email clients among users. However, many times users prefer MS Outlook over Lotus Notes program due to its smooth and easy-going interface and many other reasons could be there. IBM Notes save the database items in NSF (Notes Storage Facility) format while Outlook stores all its mailbox items in PST (Personal Storage Table) format. It is impossible to open NSF files directly in the Outlook application. To do so, the user needs to import NSF file to Outlook. There are different methods available to convert NSF to PST. In this blog, we are going to discuss some common reasons why users prefer Outlook over Lotus Notes. Following these reasons, we will describe the different recommended methods for users to export Lotus Notes email to Outlook. We will provide the manual as well as the professional Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter online technique.
Let’s now go through some reasons why users prefer to migrate Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Table of Contents
Reasons to Import NSF File to Outlook
We have listed some of the common needs why users need to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook. We have provided some benefits of the Outlook application over the other application.
- Outlook provides an easy and smooth user-friendly interface.
- MS Outlook is a cost-effective program than Lotus Notes.
- The user can configure multiple accounts simultaneously.
- To create a backup of crucial data and avoid data loss situations.
- Switching job might be another reason if the other workplace uses the Outlook program instead of IBM Notes.
How to Import NSF File to Outlook Using Manual Steps
We will here provide the manual techniques for how the user can easily open NSF file in Outlook. Manual methods are DIY techniques that require good Outlook knowledge and good technical knowledge. It is suggested for users to create a copy of the data to be exported as there might be a risk of data alteration or data loss. The process is a lengthy one, so we have divided the process into two steps for a better understanding of migration.
Step 1: Export NSF Files to CSV
- Open IBM Lotus Notes program.
- Click on the File tab.
- Click on the Open button and there choose Lotus Notes program.
- Browse and select NSF files to export.
- Choose Export option in file menu.
- Now enter the file name, saving type, and location in the next window.
- Choose the comma-separated value as file format.
- The file is now saved in the defined location.
Step 2: Import CSV File Into Outlook
- Login to your Outlook account.
- Go to the File menu.
- Choose open & export option
- Select the Import/Export option.
- Click on the import from another program or file option.
- Choose comma-separated values as the saving type.
- Select the CSV file path by clicking on browse.
- Choose a location to save the exported file.
- Now the entire CSV files are saved in Outlook.
- Complex and more time-consuming process.
- Good Outlook and technical knowledge required.
- High risk of data alteration or data loss.
- Unable to export selective NSF files.
- Batch conversion is not possible.
How to Convert NSF to PST Without Lotus Notes Professionally?
To import NSF file to Outlook, users are suggested to opt for a reliable and trusted NSF to PST Converter. Conventional manual techniques have several limitations that we have already discussed above. The automated methods are more accurate and quick in comparison to the manual approach. Using DRS NSF to PST Converter, users are able to convert NSF to PST, MBOX, EML, CSV, HTML, PDF, TXT, Gmail, Office 365, Yahoo, IMAP, AOL, etc. Users get an option to remove duplicate emails during the migration process. Along with this, the user gets more amazing features like preview option, mail filter option, etc. It offers an easy user-friendly interface that helps to simplify the process of NSF to PST Conversion. The software is compatible with entire Windows versions. The demo NSF file converter converts 50 emails per folder for free.
In this blog, we have described some common reasons followed by recommended methods to import NSF file to Outlook. We have noticed that manual methods have several drawbacks and there is a risk of data alteration or data loss. It is suggested by the experts to opt for a reliable and well-known Lotus Notes to Outlook converter for an hassle-free conversion.